The Earth Laughs in SUNFLOWERS






Tops / Denim- Miley Cyrus & Max Azria / Thrifted Spaghetti Strap

Skirt/ Thrifted- Jazz Sport
Shoes/ SODA 90’s Ankle Boot

Floppy Black hat/ Merona
Sunglasses/ Thrifted Warfare 
Jewelry/ Thrifted & handmade bracelets/Rings- Thrifted/ Airplane Necklace- handmade

Good day everyone! I recently got together with my dear photographer friend Fernando Ruiz to help me with an OOTD shoot for an article I'm writing for OOTD MAGAZINE.  I have my fingers crossed and I'm hoping they really like it cause I enjoyed writing and getting everything together for it. So if they do feature it, I'll be sure to give you guys the link! Now that you know about them you should give their Facebook page a 'like' and follow them on Instagram: @ootdmagazine! They love to feature fashionistas all the time, just use the hashtag #ootdmagazine on your photo. On this particular day the weather was, let's just say not in the triple digits, ha ha! Thank God. It was partly cloudy, the sun was still peeking but it wasn't 'all up in yo face'. And my favorite... there was a little breeze that would come and go. Fernando and I had quite an adventure in this little town. We walked around looking for backdrops and places that would make a good picture. He's pretty good at envisioning his photos and knows exactly what he's talking about, no wonder photography is his craft! My sunflower skirt is one of those pieces that I smile at once I spot it in my closet. Does that sound weird? I smile at my clothes... shows how obsessed I am with clothes, ha ha ha! Anyways, I love sunflowers and it reminds me of Oklahoma City which is where my boyfriend lives. I get that same feeling from when I first saw the sunflower field by his place. At that moment I remember thinking about Ralph Waldo Emerson's very famous quote  "The earth laughs in flowers." The quote is very misleading because it sounds so happy and immediately you think of mother earth blooming with colorful flowers everywhere, but if you read the rest of the poem you get the understanding that it illustrates how nature dominates the earth. Humanity will come and go but flowers and all of it's natural beauty remain. It's like the earth is mocking us! ha ha! It's a beautiful quote though. You should read the poem:) As for the rest of my outfit I threw on my old denim vest (which I cut the sleeves off of myself), a really light spaghetti strap and one of my favorite belts with little metal circles on them. This time I didn't forget about my jewelry, I have a habit of doing that. I should have a 'Thrifting Goods' post up by tonight or tomorrow afternoon cause I found some really great stuff! ;) Thanks for reading! 

-Steff    

10 comments:

  1. Now, eh, what can I say about this, eh, post....

    IT'S AWESOME!

    Truly, I'm not saying this just because I'm your cousin (it influences, but I'm also a female and I like clothes too...)

    The fact that you take the time to even go to thrift stores and HANDMAKE YOUR JEWELRY (still blown away by this) shows your dedication to fashion and your passion for (drum roll please...) DRESSING AWESOMELY! haha. I truly hope and pray you will be featured on OOTD girlie! You're fresh, brilliant, and legit.

    Thatisall.


    ;)

    hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Thank you <3 Gosh, you made me laugh! You're legit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy outfit! Love it.

    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful look and makeup! I love dark lipstick:)
    Kisses, Alina

    Adrenalina Style blog
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures dear, love your sense of style!:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone :) You can now follow me on blogger by clicking on the "follow on blogger" button I added on the site. I didn't realize that the subscribe button wasn't working, whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your Blog Layout and you have great style too! :)

    How abt following each other? Let me know if You would like to and i would love to follow you back.

    ~ Seepz
    http://that-sassy-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Seepz Thank you so much! Of course, I just checked out your blog and commented on a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. Leather Jackets

    ReplyDelete