FF/Long Live The Roaring Twenties!



Dress- EZLA(Thrifted@Goodwill) / Hat- Wal-Mart / Purse- Vintage (Thrifted@Vintage Store in PHX) / Socks- Target / Shoes- Converse




Last night was the First Fridays event in Down Town Phoenix. This was probably the 4th time I've gone and I always love checking out the Art Museum. This months showcase was called 'Modern Spirit, Fashion of the 1920's' I personally love 1920's fashion. Wait, no.... Actually everything about the 1920's. The phrases, talk, dancing, hair, clothes, music, films, photographs, even cars and decor! Everything seemed to be evolving in their time. Especially for women, notice the short hair, SHORTER dresses, sleeves, everything was better shorter! The word 'Glam' must have originated from that time because women all of a sudden appeared more glamorous, at least to me. I had a 1920's phase around my Junior/Senior year of High school. I remember learning about it in History class and immediately my attention was caught once I noticed how much of an impact 1920's fashion made in history. I might not exactly dress like them twenties chicks but I do get inspired. In fact I have a bunch of photos that were captured back in the day on my inspiration board! Then I have my days when I feel like watching a Clara Bow film, ha ha! Once the guys and I made it to the streets of Down Town, we happened to pass by The Trinity Cathedral. We heard these melodious harmonizing voices and being the music lovers that we are, sure enough we went inside for a peek. The Phoenix Chorale was rehearsing and many people were sitting inside the church intrigued, practically with their jaws dropped (including myself) because their voices were so beautiful. I'm sure to get where they are now it took many years of practice, sore throats and honey drenched tea. For my outfit I planned to definitely wear my Converse because we would be walking a lot. I paired them with my jazzy socks and slipped on one of my favorite jean dresses. I love love love Jean. Then I topped it off with my military-ish hat. It was a fun night catching up and walking everywhere with these two awesome guys! More photos down below :)
-Steff



























0 comments:

Post a Comment